21 june 2013
AECM Annual Seminar Rome, Italy
What are guarantees?
Very often, SMEs that have economically sound investment projects, but do not dispose of sufficient collateral, cannot get access to credit finance, or only insufficient funding.
A guarantee provided by a guarantee society on behalf of the SME to the bank replaces this missing collateral and enables the bank to grant the loan. In essence, the guarantee is a financial commitment by the guarantee society to repay up to a certain percentage of the loan to the financial institution in case the SME customer should not be able to honour his payments.
The guarantee usually does not cover more than 80% of the bank loan, leaving 20% of the risk with the lender. The SME remains liable for the loan.
The SME customer usually pays a once-off processing fee and an annual guarantee fee, which are variable from guarantee institution to guarantee institution.
For more information on the terms and conditions of the guarantee institutions in the different countries, please consult the section of the AECM member organisations
On Thursday 6 June 2013, the Group III "Various Interests" of the European Economic and Social Committee...
On 8th May 2013, the DG Competition of the European Commission has issued the draft proposal for the...
02/05/2013 : German Association of Guarantee Banks launches software to calculate impact of participation finance and loan finance on own funds requirements
The German Association of Guarantee Banks (VDB) expects own funds requirements for SME finance to rise...
02/05/2013 : Commission Vice-President Tajani underlines importance of SME Finance in SME Finance Forum in Dublin – launch of single online portal for EU Financial Instruments for SMEs
On 2nd May 2013, the European Commission organized a High Level Meeting of the SME Finance Forum on the...
Subscribe to RSS